11 September 2010

A slice of apple pie...

I don't know if any other bloggers out there have this book, and although I do have rather too many sewing and vintage books and at the moment and no bookcase to house them, I couldn't resist this "My Flea Market Find Journal" for £2.99 from TK Maxx :-) It's also available on the wonderful Amazon here! Talking of Amazon I have also pre-ordered the newest Cath Kidston book "Stitch!" If her other's have anything to go by then this is set to be a good one! And how lovely is that purse on the front?! Plus it comes with everything you need to make it, well worth the tenner! Anyhoo, back to this book...


It also comes with ideas for great things to make like these "broken ceramic brooches"


And wonderful pictures of vintage-inspired interiors like this;


Also I am very excited to announce that our apple's are ready for picking! We've had loads grow this year...


And I discovered some blackberries at the very bottom of the garden;

We've also have surprisingly got lots of pears growing, which aren't ready yet but I'm planning some recipes I can use them in! (I haven't taken any photos because the sun was shining directly onto the tree, making it difficult to photograph!) - If anyone's got any pear recipe favourites then let me know and I'll get my oven gloves on!

Here's the picked apples;


And the finished product;


It certainly won't win any beauty contests but oh well! The proof is in the pudding they say! And it'll all be gobbled up by the parents tonight with custard!

I'll have to avoid temptaion for now ;-)

Hope everyone's having a wonderful weekend!

Laura xx

7 comments:

  1. I wouldn't worry about what the pie looks like - it's the taste that counts! But it looks good anyway!

    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely vintage bloggy ;0)
    what a lovely yummy apple pie and i miss having apple tree's . i wouldnt beable to resist the journal either hehe ;0) kazzy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That journal looks adorable, may have to look out for it x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laura, hubby has just made an apple crumble with our apples, your pie looks yummy.

    I live in Longton/Lightwood, Stoke-on-Trent, so not that far away. Saw your picnic bargain, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delightful blog you have here, Laura!

    Great post too! I used to love making apple crumble and fairy cakes as a child(from scratch all by myself too:)Thanks for the consumer tip(journals are my best friend and this one looks pretty:) Loving the fresh blackberries(yum:)!

    A fellow craftster(love arts and craft:)and savvy consumer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love apple pie and custard should have come to yours for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, thank-you for your kind comment the other day. I kept meaning to reply sooner but have only just remembered. I love Jacqueline Wilson so much, even though I’m twenty-one I still find her books fascinating!
    Lola Rose is one of my faves, I agree, I read it a few weeks ago after picking it up in a Charity Shop for 60p! I haven’t read Jacky Daydream yet, but it’s on my to read list. I’ve read her Secret Diary though (about her teenage years) it’s pretty interesting, I like seeing all the photographs of her growing up.
    I love car boots; you just never know what you can find hidden amongst a pile of junk. :) xx

    ReplyDelete